Wat Ratchaburana,Ayutthaya Historical Park. King Borom Rachathirat II (Chao Sam Phraya) built a Temple on the site where his two elder brothers were cremated. His two brothers died in a power struggle to succeed their father, King nakhon In who died in 1424. A series of bell-shaped chedis surround the main prang and a large oblong-shaped viharn is situated at the front.
North of Wat Mahathat, it stands only a short distance away from the royal palace. Wat Ratchaburana is one of the royal monasteries built in the Ayutthaya era and the eldest Temple in the province. According to the Royal Chronicles, it was constructed in 1424 during the reign of Somdet Phra Borommaracha II, commonly known as Chao Sam Phraya, on the royal cremation site of Chao Ai Phraya and Chao Yi Phraya. Somdet Phra Borommaracha II had 2 memorial pagodas built on the location where both of his elder brothers fought each other to the death on elephants' backs, and named the pagodas after his borthers' names-Chedi Chao Ai Phraya and Chedi Chao Yi Phraya.